It seems that I was recently nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, by Fishin’ for Chuckles, as I noticed in one of the comments of my last posting, and by Topiclessbar, as I noticed through reading his site. I am new to the world of blogging and am therefore going to consider this – whether accurate or not – as the Academy Award of blogs. I am, therefore, honored and would like to thank my nominators and the rest of you that have become enlightened enough to realize that this isn’t just “some stupid blog that I waste my time on when I could be trying to go out and get a real job.” I think we can all agree now that it is, in fact, genius and that it is only a matter of weeks before I am paid exorbitant sums for a few weekly witticisms.
From what I’ve gathered, there are some stipulations to wearing this badge, though. The fine print:
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers
2. Inform the bloggers of their nomination
3. Share 7 random things about yourself
4. Thank the blogger who nominated you
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award pic on your blog post
Ok, so, anyone that knows me will tell you that I’m a rebel and an outlaw. I can’t be controlled. I’m like a wild stallion, except no wimpy kid could ever tame me. (Yeah, I just referenced The Black Stallion, what you gonna do about it?) Normally, I would scoff at such a disdainful attempt at authority. But in the face of such flattery, I suppose I will oblige.
1. As I mentioned earlier, I am new to the world of blogging and, therefore, don’t know 5 bloggers, let alone 15. So, I’ll just nominate as many as I know that are deserving.
- Boom for Real (Music stuff)
- Rejected Book Plots (Self explanatory)
- Jacob’s Elevator (Random stuff)
- Too Soxy for my Shirt (I am not a Red Sox fan, but I can appreciate her passion and humor
2. Ok, I will do that.
3. Hmm …
- My left foot is a size 11 and my right foot is a size 6.5.
- I once ran a 4 minute and 36 second mile, holding my breath the entire time.
- People say I look like a younger, more physically fit Brad Pitt.
- For a practical joke once, I sprayed Mace in my friend’s contact lens solution.
- I have eaten this gummy bear in a single sitting.
- I can fly.
- I hold a patent for clear tissues.
4. Thank you, Fishin’ for Chuckles and Topiclessbar.
5. Already done.
Well, there you have it. Let the fame and fortune begin!